In video #140 we hacked the new IKEA Trådfri Smart lighting system using the remote control as a basis. It worked, but had some major disadvantages.
Today, we will use an IKEA gateway and do it right!
– We will eliminate the problems of the current hack
– We will install and pair the gateway with two different bulbs
– We will learn how the system communicates
– We will switch the lights using Node-Red on our Raspberry Pi. Like that, we can use MQTT or many other tools to switch the lights
– We will switch the lights with a normal Linux command
– We will install a Python wrapper. You can use this wrapper as a basis for your own programs
– We will see the CoAP protocol , which was introduced in the last video, in action
– At the end, as promised, I will reveal a “hot” secret about the IKEA bulbs.
We also will use AdvancedIP Scanner to find the IP address of our Gateway
Supporting Material and Blog
If you want to support the channel and buy from Banggood use this link to start your (no additional charges for you)
This is my new macbook i just got cause my mac pc isn’t working due to some rebooting problem and with it i lost some of my important apps like final cut pro X.
This Mac began to lag while i was playing tanki after 6 months from the date of purchase. As a programmer i tried to solve this problem and was successful after a whole week of effort trying to detect the cause for the problem and its solutions.
So i decided to help you Mac users out there who lag a lot and get quite low fps and help you solve this problem and enjoy the gameplay.
These steps worked out for me and I 100% guarantee it will work for you too.
Please subscribe guys!
I’ve got lots more coming!!!
1. Memory cleaner
2. Adobe flash